As wedding photographers and videographers we strive to capture what is real, what is honest, and what is beautiful. With David and Meredith, their love is real, it is honest and pure, and it is beautiful. You don’t have to look much further than David and Meredith’s faces, and their expressions of absolute adoration of one another, to see how much they love each other. It was truly an honor to capture their wedding day through photo and film, and it is our pleasure to retell the story of their day with you now.
The sweet moments and details of their day are far too numerous to name, but we have to at least share a few!
- Meredith surprised David with a vintage book she remade into a sweet gift for him. In it she included a few of her bridal portraits, their vows (so they could read out of it during the ceremony!), and she even typed up the letter David had written and given her when he proposed. The words you’ll hear David reading at the beginning of their wedding film are from that letter – be sure to have your kleenex handy!
- Meredith’s mom had the handkerchief from her own wedding embroidered and sewn into Meredith’s dress as a surprise for her.
- Every bit of their day was covered with the fingerprints of David and Meredith’s families and friends. From the flowers, cake, and centerpieces done by family friends, to Meredith’s makeup done by her sister Elizabeth, to the teacup stand that David designed and created himself, to the ceremony music preformed by some of Meredith’s family, each piece of the day was contributed by someone special to the two of them.
- David and Meredith’s reception took place in the gymnasium of the church where they got married, and they spent the entire week before the wedding completely transforming an ordinary gym into a fabulous reception space. They spent months collecting vintage china, tea sets, and glass goblets for their place settings and wedding favors, and they had family friends help design each centerpiece to be unique.
- David and Meredith were both fully present in their wedding day. They weren’t getting caught up on every detail going perfectly or the timeline being just right, but instead they both embraced the beauty of their day. Meredith was simply beaming the whole day – her smile, her laugh, the look she gave David – it’s all going to make you melt.
Enjoy David and Meredith’s wedding day, as seen through our cameras. If you want to see more, be sure to check out the link after the photos!
** Black and white film shots with Ilford HP5 Plus 400 and instant photos with Fujifilm Instax Mini**
Want to see more photos from David and Meredith’s day? Follow this link to see more in their featured gallery!
Vendors and Special Thanks:
Hair: Reflections Salon and Spa in Monroe, NC
Makeup: Elizabeth Hyatt, sister of the bride
Coordinator: Debra Stegall
Invitations: Emily Melton, bridesmaid
Dress: Allure, New York Bride and Groom
Shoes: Badgley Mischka
Florist: Piedmont Flowers
Ceremony Kneeling Bench: C.A. Hyatt, grandfather of the bride
Officiant: Joshua Fraley
Reception Flowers arranged by: Cindy Dail, Joellen Hervey, Sheri Huneycutt, Glenna Smith, and Jane Ellen Huneycutt
Catering: Stone Table
Cake: Della Teeples
Butter Mints: Sheri Huneycutt
Ice Cream: The Fresh House
Table Decorations: Collected by David & Meredith and family, designed by Cindy Dail, Joellen Hervey, Sheri Huneycutt, and Pam Hyatt
Table Numbers and Place Cards: Meredith
Bride & Groom Signs: Printed free from here! Decorated by Meredith.
Teacup Stand: Designed and created by the groom David. Just amazing.
Photography & Videography: Grain & Compass
From David and Meredith: Special thanks to the bridal party, cousins, aunts and uncles, parents, grandparents, and church family for all the setup and take-down help!